There is a method behind my fall baking madness: apples in September, pumpkins in October. Of all the fall things that I bake, this recipe is by far my favorite. Not only are they the perfect size to call “bite size” which means you can get away with at least 3 at a time, but they are so good you will never want to make a full pie again. It’s as simple as this: each bite has crust (the best part).
Beware: if you make these.. you will want to make them again..and again.
Here is how to make the most addicting pies you’ll ever have:
Ingredients: (Makes about 20 Mini Pies)
- 2 Packages of Pie Crust (the kind you lay out and bake)
- Two 8-oz Cream Cheese Packages, softened
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- One 16-oz Can Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (if you don’t have this.. use a mix of cinnamon and nutmeg)
- Cool Whip or Canned Whip Cream (or fresh if you’re fancy)
What You’ll Need:
- Cupcake/Muffin Baking Tray
- Hand Mixer
- Big Bowl for mixing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out your pie dough and cut out small circles. You want these circles to cover the bottom up until half way to the top of each one. Do this for each and every hole until they’re all filled. Set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time with mixing in between.
4. Add in all the other ingredients. Mix until well combined. Beware: the smell will make you want to drink the batter.
5. Fill in each of the dough cups. Fill it until the batter is almost to the top of the tin. It will cover the dough and that is FINE. They don’t grow very much in the over so don’t worry.
6. Bake them at 350 degrees for 40-42 minutes. They will begin to puff and crack in the middle. Take out and test with a toothpick. It should come out MOSTLY clean.
7. Let them sit to cool for about an hour and a half. Then refrigerate until needed (this also helps them set). You can serve them either cold or heated up.. both are delicious.
8. Top with whipped topping of your choice and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Serve these for friendsgiving, Thanksgiving or just give them out to strangers. Whatever makes you happy.
Article and Recipe by: Emily Arias
Follow Copper Arrow Magazine on Social Media: